At the core of SB Finance’s business is provision of excellent financial services while ensuring the protection of information entrusted to us by our clients and website visitors. This is in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (Republic Act No. 10173), its Implementing Rules and Regulations and other issuances by the National Privacy Commission, as well as globally accepted data privacy standards and regulations. For more details, please visit Security Bank Corporation’s privacy notice at: https://www.securitybank.com/security-information/
In this Privacy Notice, we explain what personal information we process, how we collect, use, share , protect and dispose personal information that we obtain from you in the course of doing business or as a user of this website.
- Who we are. SB Finance is an affiliate of Security Bank Corporation and a member of the SBC Group which is Security Bank Corporation and its affiliates, subsidiaries, bank assurance companies and other related entities, and their authorized service providers, agents and representatives.
- Why we collect your personal information. We collect and use personal information that is material and relevant to your banking transaction and in fulfillment of the legal or contractual obligation we have with you in order to provide you with our services and to best adapt our business processes to your needs. This information may also be used by us to offer you our other products and services based on your profile and upon your consent, which you may revoke at any time, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- How we use your information. Manual or automated processing of your personal information within or outside the Philippines is done in utmost confidentiality and strictly in accordance with relevant data privacy laws for the execution of your financing transaction and fulfillment of our legal and contractual obligations with you. We will only process your personal data upon obtaining explicit consent from you. Your information may also be processed for other legitimate business purposes and regulatory reporting requirements consistent with the financial services offered as deemed fit by SB Finance and Security Bank Corporation.
- How we share your information. In the course of doing business, SB Finance may make your personal information available within or outside the Philippines to:
- Our group of companies.The Group is composed of Security Bank Corporation and its affiliates and subsidiaries reported as part of the conglomerate map/group structure as defined under BSP Circular No. 749. Access to personal information within the Group is restricted to those individuals who have a need to access the information for business purposes based on adequate internal policies on information security and data privacy.
- Our business partners and service providers. We have duly accredited processors in our business partners who act as advisers, consultants, service providers, contractors, or vendors, and their authorized agents and representatives who may perform different activities on behalf of the bank. These business partners underwent a rigorous vetting process before engagement and abide by the bank’s standards on data privacy and information security.
- Governmental authorities and industry associations. We may disclose your information to any Authority (governmental or regulatory authority, self-regulatory body or industry association in various jurisdictions) in connection or adherence (whether voluntary or otherwise) with legal or regulatory requirements.
- Cross border information sharing. Due to the global nature of the financial services business, we may transfer your personal information to any of the abovementioned parties who may be located outside the Philippines. In doing so, we ensure that the cross-border transfer is secure and that we are transmitting your personal information to a country which has adequate data privacy standards before agreeing to such cross-border transfer.
- How we protect your information. We safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information physically or electronically by maintaining a combination of organizational, physical and technical security measures based on generally accepted data privacy and information security standards such as on access control, acceptable use, end-to-end encryption, data classification requirements, and the like.
- How long we retain your information. We keep your personal information for as long as necessary to best serve you during the duration of the relationship and in accordance with retention limits set by law once the account has been closed.
- If you have issues with regards to how we process. As our valued customer, you are afforded the following rights in relation to your personal information under the Data Privacy Act:
- To be informed that your personal information will be collected and how it will be processed,
- To have reasonable access to your personal information held by the company,
- To dispute any error in your personal information and have it corrected,
- To have your personal information erased or blocked from our system if said information is incomplete, outdated, false,
unlawfully obtained, used for unauthorized purposes or no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected,
- To object to the processing of your personal information,
- To obtain your personal information from the bank in a portable and usable format,
- To lodge a complaint before the National Privacy Commission, and
- To be indemnified for damages sustained due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, or unauthorized use of your personal information.
- Who to contact for issues.If you have any questions or requests in relation to the processing of your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer through the following:
Address: Data Protection Officer
Security Bank Corporation
Security Bank Centre 6776 Ayala Avenue Makati City
OR call our Customer Service hotline at +632 8887-9188